WORLD BREATHING DAY APRIL 11 "One Breath, One World"
Find all 2022 activities on our Worldwide Calendar of Events: https://ibfbreathwork.org/wbd2022-events/
World Breathing Day (WBD) is an annual global event created by the International Breathwork Foundation (IBF) that invites everyone to remember, experience and celebrate the healing and unifying power of breath.
We all breathe, and we all breathe the same air, yet rarely do we stop to acknowledge how fundamentally important our breath is, or how it connects us to our planet and to each other beyond our differences. An international day dedicated to breath reconnects us to this reality, and by doing so, enhances, inspires and promotes peace, health and wellbeing worldwide, for humanity and the Earth.
World Breathing Day expands our understanding – amongst individuals, professionals and institutions – of what optimal and conscious breathing is, so that everyone can benefit from it. WBD also serves to remind us of the basic, vital importance of clean air and of a clean and healthy environment for present and future generations.
The THEME for World Breathing Day, APRIL 11, 2022 is:
Conscious Breathing offers a simple, yet powerful tool to create positive change in the world
The world’s crises are calling for practical solutions in almost all aspects of life -from health and wellbeing (physical, mental, emotional) to climate and ecosystem restoration to caring and collaboration, peace, unity, and the list goes on.
Conscious breathing, in all its forms, is a tool that is easily teachable, available for free because everyone already has access to it, and is universally powerful in its ability to create unity, transformation, inner peace, and much more.
During times of crises, Conscious Breathing has been proven to support people in maintaining or recuperating physical, mental and emotional balance and as a result, efficiently deals with trauma while enhancing health.
For a quarter of a century, the International Breathwork Foundation (IBF) has been representing and working with breathing experts, gathering expertise and knowledge on Conscious Breathing. If taught and practiced at all levels throughout the world, Conscious Breathing could bring concrete solutions to many of our personal and global problems.
The challenge now is to spread this information around the world and to reach government leaders, institutions and business executives. This also includes health and medical practitioners, educators and local communities. So we need everyone who breathes and who knows the breath and its power to join us!
Be part of World Breathing Day 2022, April 11 to inspire solutions and create a positive future for ourselves and for our planet.
Everybody can get involved in WBD:
- Host an event for your community: If you are working with conscious breathing in anyway, we invite you to gather people online or in-person to host an event or activity that celebrates the Breath. Plan your event so that it addresses inspiring solutions for your community. Please register your event so that it can be published in the IBF Worldwide Calendar of WBD Events as well as on the website and our social media. If your event is in-person, we strongly invite you to read our IBF -Covid Safe Breathing guidelines. –
Registration form for organizing a WBD event (google form): https://forms.gle/DK2GEBrqH9eZ83ut8
Visit our Worldwide Calendar of WBD Events: https://ibfbreathwork.org/wbd2022-events/
- Gather with friends and join one or several events offered through our Worldwide Calendar of WBD Events which will be updated regularly (accessible here). Also follow updates on the WBD facebook group.
- Spread the word and promote WBD on social media. Share what Conscious Breathing means to you and how it is inspiring solutions in your life. You will find promotion materials in our WBD resource page.
- Join IBF’s special Global Celebration of Breath where, for 11 minutes around the world, at 12:00 (noon) in your time zones we will unify our intentions as ONE Breath. This will create a wave of united conscious breathers around the world, from the east New Zealand rising sun to the west sunset in the Pacific Coast. In addition, IBF will hold 3 of those moments LIVE where everyone on the planet can join in. More details will be announced through our newsletter and in our facebook group.
Free promotional materials are available through our WBD resource page:
- Links to our newsletters
- Images, banners and text for World Breathing Day 2022, translated in more than 15 different languages: direct access to translation folders here
- Invitation letters that you can use for your contacts
- Slogans/short expressions for social media
- Some hashtags you can use – #WorldBreathingDay #InspiringSolutions #WBD2022inpsiringsolutions #WBD2022 #WorldbreathingDay2022
Follow latest updates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/worldbreathingday
The World Breathing Day has been celebrated since 2004 under the initiative of the IBF. The vision was first conceived during the Global Inspiration Conference in 2004 and then officially launched in 2006. From 2004 until 2018, the event was called Global Day of the Breath and was celebrated on 22 January within the IBF community. After IBF was granted the Special Consultative Status for the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations in 2016, IBF felt that this day of celebrating the Breath was an opportunity to help expand the importance of Conscious Breathing all over the world.
In 2018, the name was changed to World Breathing Day and the date of the event was changed to April 11. The change was motivated by the desire to find a time of year where outside breathing activities would be feasible all around the world, and resulted from a survey conducted amongst diverse organisations worldwide that work with the breath.
IBF World Breathing Day team
Under the auspices of the IBF-UN project, a team was formed in September 2018 with the goal of expanding the celebration of World Breathing Day globally and gaining recognition as an official Day by the UN or other international institutions.
Our 2022 team :
Blanca Maria Müller Lagunez
World Breathing Day and the UN Global Goals
World Breathing Day is working towards becoming an official United Nations (UN) international day. IBF’s vision and actions support the 2030 UN Global Goals, as breathing consciously plays a key role in health and wellbeing, unity, quality education, equality, self-empowerment, and inner and outer peace. And because oxygen is essential to life and breath, World Breathing Day is also an invitation to create more awareness about the vital importance of clean air, clean water and a healthy environment and climate.
In 2022 we want the world to know how Conscious Breathing can be a powerful aid and support to several of the UN Global Goals.
Your support in making World Breathing Day a resounding global success will help us achieve this goal.