To the IBF community, breathworkers and whosoever it may concern
15th April 2021
After about a year since the pandemic outbreak we are still planning and working for GIC2021 to happen in August 2021 in Rättvik, Sweden.
We understand more clearly now that we cannot arrange a physical GIC suitable for everyone in our community. Furthermore, it seems that national rules and regulations in some countries can make travelling to Sweden unreasonably difficult. Therefore, we want to clarify our position on how we plan to perform this event.
First of all, if you are coming to our physical GIC and are a citizen of the European Union, be sure to bring your European health certificate in case you would need any medical care. Coming from outside the EU we highly recommend that you invest in a Health Insurance Policy for travelling.
How to make GIC2021 as safe as possible
Many people are again longing for a physical GIC. We will perform a physical GIC without social distancing and face masks. Meaning that no one can count on physical distancing. Wearing a facemask is of course optional but it cannot be demanded from anybody else.
To make the GIC2021 as safe as possible we need to create a “GIC Bubble” and therefore must take the following actions:
- At the time of registration, everyone will have to present a negative PCR-test, not older than 48 hours. This will also be required from Swedish citizens.
At the moment a negative PCR test are required for everybody when entering Sweden. However, when an internationally accepted Vaccination Certificate comes in place this might lead to a change in policy so being vaccinated will be enough for entry. If so GIC2021 will also deem vaccination as safe as a negative PCR test and will accept a certificate at the time of registration.
- Creating a “bubble” will mean that we cannot allow day passes or any temporary participants entering in and out of the GIC venue. Those registered will be asked to remain within these beautiful premises.
- The staff at the venue are committed to keep distanced from the group and to wear face masks as a precaution. Most of them will likely be vaccinated at that time.
- Provide hand disinfection all over the venue.
- Provide extra cleaning of the common toilets during the day.
- Open windows at every break in group rooms when possible.
- Offer outdoor as well as indoor eating areas during meal breaks, enable people to spread out and avoid crowd.
- Provide each participant with their personal blanket to be kept during the entire GIC.
- Encourage people to wash hands before and after every group activity at the GIC.
- In case of suspected Covid-19 the person/persons in question will be isolated in separated room/s while waiting for further testing locally. The GIC team will follow the local authority’s procedure.
- We are already working to create a team of participating physicians and /or nurses at the site.
If you feel safe with how we plan to arrange the event, please feel warmly welcome and join us!
Online-transmissions complementing GIC2021
In May will make our final decision if the GIC2021 will be organized. Under the condition that the physical GIC will take place we are working for online transmissions from the GIC2021 to happen. At the moment we are receiving professional help from the IBF Online Taskforce Group in setting up equipment enable to send a high quality online from GIC Sweden.
Important information, inspirational speakers, workshops, and of course the Annual General Meeting will be broadcasted online. AGM is the forum where the future of IBF (spreading breathwork worldwide through task force groups, deciding on by-laws and upcoming GICs etc.) is decided. It is still a wonderful democratic process from which everyone can learn.
Since the physical GIC is a condition for online broadcasting we will announce how to book online tickets after our decision in May. If you feel it is too risky for you to join our physical GIC or you do not feel comfortable for ANY reason, please join our high-quality broadcasting from the event and sign up for online GIC at very affordable prices.
To travel safely to and from the GIC during pandemic times
People have expressed concerns about their journey to and from the GIC. It is exceedingly difficult to predict how different countries will set up their rules.
However, it is very unlikely that Sweden will demand vaccination for entry into the country, but also highly likely that all international flights will demand a fresh PCR test before you leave your country. You may need another fresh PCR test before going home or to make some days in quarantine on arrival. Those rules will be different for each country which makes it difficult to foresee, but the situation in August could be so much clearer and easier.
When traveling to GIC we ask you to be careful and use a face mask and keep a good hand hygiene to avoid picking up any virus en route.
Below you find the link to Swedish authority regarding traveling and the corona virus. Here you can always make yourself updated. Please observe that there is NO quarantine requested from Swedish authorities when entering Sweden. Read the latest updates at the link below.
To make your traveling extra safe we can
- offer to organize a pickup from the train station in Rättvik to the venue for base price (app. 2 km)
- organize a pickup from Arlanda Airport to the venue in Rättvik on Sunday for base price (app. 3,5 hours ride) – depending on the number of signed up travelers
Traveling within Sweden
If you plan to take the opportunity to visit more of Sweden while you are here, we will ask you to do this after GIC.
If the GIC will be cancelled
We feel obliged to repeat that if we, due to restrictions from Swedish authorities and or too few registrations are cancelling GIC in May, those who have paid already, or chose to sign up now, will receive a full refund. It is however impossible for us to compensate for any fluctuation on the currency exchange market. That could go either way. We ask for your understanding in this.
Before the end of May, we will decide if GIC2021 will happen. If we decide to cancel it, we will refund all payments 100% during June. If we decide to continue all your bookings are still valid.
If you decide to cancel physical GIC, and not come at all, our standard cancellation policy is valid as presented on our web page. The final date for cancellation of your ticket to GIC2021 is 15 June 2021. If after that date you would like to sell your ticket to someone else and have a buyer of your ticket, please contact us to rearrange your booking.
Hoping to see you in Sweden
For us it is a privilege and an opportunity to arrange GIC in Sweden again. This is where the first GIC happened and where IBF was created in 1994.
We want to celebrate all the fantastic initiatives that happened since then, inspired by the creation of IBF and ongoing GICs. Our very first international statement when we were 9 countries and 27 people, was “IBF is a Network open to all”. Not another breathwork school, but a network of breathwork schools and novices alike.
Our second statement was “In the spirit of co-operation and cross-pollination, more minds are always better than one”.
This has inspired people all over the world and had led to so many great initiatives and accomplishments that we could never have conceived of. This is worthy of a grandiose celebration. Join us physically or online.
Team GIC 2021 Sweden
In love and light
IBF Team – International Breathwork Foundation