- Promotes international co-operation and exchange among conscious breathers and breathworkers and acts as an ambassador for Breathwork and Breathworkers in the world.
- Collects and disseminates information about Breathwork and Conscious Breathing research and activities.
- Co-organises the annual Global Inspiration Conference (GIC), a high-energy experiential event that draws conscious breathers and breathworkers from around the world, coming together in a different location each year, to breathe, share, learn and enjoy.
- Co-organises events worldwide to celebrate the World Breathing Day on the 11th of April each year.
- Partners with other Breathwork organisations to increase awareness of conscious breathing practice around the world. Since July 2016, the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC) can access the expertise of IBF through our special consultative status. See more
- Maintains, with our partner organisation The Global Professional Breathwork Alliance, a code of ethics and training standards for breathwork practitioners and trainers.